Your basket is currently empty!
Virtual sourdough bread masterclass
This class is suitable for everyone who has already got a sourdough starter and is looking to learn more about the sourdough bread making process. You may be a complete newbie, or you may be baking for a while. It doesn’t matter.
It’s more like a bake along with me and other passionate home bakers (max 10 participants). It’s live!
A complete learning experience, step by step guidance through the entire process. An opportunity to get answers to all your questions & to meet other home bakers.
This class is designed to equip you with the right information and help you gain confidence in the process. Ultimately you should be able to adjust recipes to your particular environment, flours and tools you may be using.
It’s a video call on Google Meet, 4h long with breaks
Bonus! My Sourdough Bread Guide is included in the price and will be provided to all participants after this sourdough bread workshop.
Scroll further down on the page for more details.
All times are UK time. Sessions are in [ENG] and in Romanian [ROM], as indicated next to the date.
What to expect from this virtual sourdough bread masterclass?
Together we will be preparing a dough, while chatting everything about the process during this 4h online class. Each of us in our own kitchen, with our own tools & sourdough starter.
There will be breaks from time to time too, whenever required.
Some of the topics covered
- everything about the sourdough starter (maintenance, storage, troubleshooting, difference between starter and leaven, etc)
- flours explained. different flours will yield different results (texture & flavour); how to adjust recipe depending on the flour used
- the importance of autolyse and bulk fermentation
- the role of the folds during bulk fermentation
- the different folding techniques and how to choose one over the other
- dough transformation during bulk fermentation, and the signs to look after
- sticky dough & how to deal with it
- the role of pre-shaping
- the final proofing: ambient vs overnight in the fridge
- the role of scoring & more about my technique
- everything about baking your loaves. Using a dutch oven vs an open bake
- most common troubleshooting questions (e.g dough goes flat when flipped out of the banneton; I cannot get an ear no matter what I do; the crumb of my loaves is rather gummy, why is that?)
- and of course, all the questions you might have
You need a sourdough starter that you can use to make your dough. If you need to make one from scratch, you can find instructions here. However, please bear in mind that making a starter from scratch can take anything between 5 days and 2 weeks.
Instructions, list of tools & ingredients will be provided ahead of time via email.
A link to the video call will be sent to the provided email address couple of days before the session
Should you have any questions with regards to this Sourdough bread making class, feel free to contact me.
The session will be recorded and shared with the participants (access to the recording for one month after the session).
If you book a seat and in the meantime you change your mind or you cannot make it anymore on that date. That’s ok, a refund can be issued as long as you notify me via email (email@example.com) up to 24h before the start of the session.
A minimum of 5 participants is required for the Sourdough bread making class to happen, otherwise I might have to postpone it, in which case a refund will be arranged should the new proposed date not be suitable for the participants.
Sourdough bread masterclass on demand
Should you want a private class for a group of friends or colleagues, drop me a note and we can discuss the details. Minimum 6 participants required.
Buy it as a gift
This makes the perfect gift. Should you want to arrange a gift card, leave a note on the checkout page and I can arrange that for you. Alternatively, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.